Thread: UND CFI Hiring?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Contrail06
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: B757/B767 Right

Don’t waste your time instructing at UND...Even though it might seem like the only aviation job in the world while you are there its NOT!

There are so many better flying gigs out there that can give you more hours and more money.

With that said....I'll standby for the standard UND instructor/student to explain to me how Im wrong.

Let me guess...UND is a good place because...

1. guaranteed students
2. great leads into the industry only granted to instructors
3. good airplanes
4. good multi opportunity
5. ?

Truth...
1. Same deal at any flight school that is in business, otherwise said flight school would be out of business.
2. You still qualify b/c those interviews are for UND alumni, not just Instructors
3. This one is true, UND has great airplanes but if you are truly concerned about this you can find an FBO with some nice planes, not to mention is it worth getting paid 60% of what you could be making if you weren’t instructing at UND?
4. Well after you pay 10,000 for a UND MEI for a rating that you can get for 3,000 I would say I would rather work at a place that has a twin trainer and keep my 7k...or hey if I was that worried about multi I could buy a lot of time for 7,000....Im sure that would be a lot more fun than just flying the baron around ND.