View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 09:44 PM
Busdrivr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Wink

Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
So, my last flight started out normally… Met at the folder - chatting, getting to know each other a bit. The captain says he lives in MEM, but starts talking about his vacation home in FL on the Gulf. I told him it sounded nice. He then goes on to say he was on a make-up sick trip to keep his sick bank maxed out so the company will keep sending him a big bonus check into his retirement account. Hmmmm - I say. He then tells me he should start receiving his Reserves retirement any day. This prompts me to ask him how old he was to which he informs me he is over 60 now.

So, after the flight I said I have a debrief item. Not on the flight itself, but more on and etiquette level. I said most FOs are not too happy about the age 65 deal - myself included. Also, during 4a2b, most guys are not flying extra - mself included. So, on future flights I wouldn't be volunteering info about extra flying, bonus retirement checks, flying past 60, etc.

His response was he was working on his high 5, to which I replied he was working on his bonus 5 at our (FOs) expense.

Goose17
Goose, get a life dude. Why are you obsessing over this guy? And you seriously Debriefed a Captain,.... give me a break. We have contract negations coming up. Why are you worring over one guy trying to make a Cono payment?