Thread: FedEx "B" Scale
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Busboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: leaning to the left

Leadership from the TOP is what you're looking for, eh? You mean, the top of each seat's seniority list, right?

It never ceases to amaze me, who some of you guys decide to throw spears at. And, who gets a pass. You talk as though the only people flying carryover, draft, volunteer, etc. are senior widebody capts. Or, the only people that fly TAFB trips, or int'l MD-11 trips benefitting from those upgrades to our contract, are senior widebody capts. Well, I've got news for you friend...Almost the entire spectrum of our seniority list is represented by such people. Many of those people are what we call F/Os.

I don't think we should be flying extra right now, either. But, nearly every time I go to work, I fly with guys who don't agree me. And believe me, they're not at the top of our seniority list.

So, if it's unity you want...You might want to think about that. Your "the guys at the TOP of our seniority list are ruining my life" frame of mind is about as divisive as I've seen.

And, if my thinking that the bottom of our list is "fortunate" to be getting a paycheck...Sorry. Maybe this would sound better? I think that the bottom of the seniority list at FDX is fortunate to be getting a paycheck, and I'm glad that they are still here.

As far as your feelings about ALPA...You do know that the vote from the bottom guy on our list is just as powerful as the vote from the guy on the top of the list? That the vote of your block rep is just as important as the vote from the Block 1 rep, right?