View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 01:43 PM
TheReelDeel33
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Default Military Relationships

I'm a young adult, and have been considering the military for a while. I've always known that if I joined I'd want to join as an officer, so I've been able to put off actually enlisting while I work on my degree. Now that graduation is within reach my thoughts about enlisting are getting more intense. My girlfriend, who i've been dating about 2 years, is in the same boat. Since i'm a pilot I'm interested in the air force. She was more interested in the marines. We had a pretty serious talk about enlisting and I guess we're both hesitant because we feel that the stress and distance that comes with a military career could probably end even the strongest relationships. So we're serious about each other and like the thoughts of settling down and being a family. We also like the thoughts of serving our country. Now we're wondering if it's gonna be one or the other.

I was wondering if anyone reading this has actually served in the military, and if so were you in a relationship? Did it last? And if it did last, how much was it affected/changed?