View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 03:25 PM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by TheReelDeel33 View Post
USMCFLYER... Marines, with a capital M from now on! Thanks for the input, and if the divorce and loss of 50% retirement was a personnel story, I'm sorry to hear it

RickAir- I'm on the path to becoming a professional pilot, so I think I'm safe because from what I've heard about a pilot's income I can divorce any hair dresser I want and she'll probably still have more money then me
You're on the right track - at least with the 'M' thing
Whether it was a personal story or just something I have seen time and time again over a career - the outcome can be the same. One thing to be SURE of is going in with your eyeballs wide open - your and your significant others. That is soemthign that I saw time and time again; a spouse who left after the service member was deployed once or twice. I kept wanting to say "you married a person in an expeditionary service", what did you expect.
No doubt times are tough right now. Just like the decision to be a professional pilot, it is fraught with peril (which you allude to knowing), so whether it be marriage, the military, or flying for a career - BE WELL INFORMED!

USMCFLYR