Old 02-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Riddler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Left Seat, Toyota Tacoma

Originally Posted by Kikuchiyo View Post
Yep, they said they're waiting for the money from Air Staff. But they were hopeful, tho they claimed to have no special insight as to whether more slots will be funded.

For those of you that I said I'd check on, I'm sorry. They couldn't discuss individual cases with me, even tho I do personnel-related stuff. Sorry.

The most important thing I got was that they're re-evaluating all the applications that are not yet "on orders." Literally, if you don't have orders in hand, they're rechecking your app. Acting on the assumption that they won't get more money, they want to target the last group of orders given to the most critical needs. They wouldn't say what those needs are. An SOI isn't a guarantee of coming back, it's just a statement by you that you intend to come back if given orders. I don't know how long they'll take to recheck the apps, reprioritize them, and send out SOIs and orders to the people they decide they really want. But they said if you have orders in hand, you're safe.

Best of luck to all.
Thanks once again for the update.

Quick question: do you (or anyone else) know where it's written that ALL of the recall programs are exempt from the USERRA 5 year clock?

Thanks,
Riddler