Gets Weekends Off
USMC3197
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2008
  • Position
    crj-200 FO
I dunno.... me and many other are stuck is such a bad spot... too much time for a small 135 outfit to pick us up because they know/think we will leave sooner then they'd like, no reputable regionals hiring and no CFI jobs open. A few 135 cargo places I talked to didn't like the fact that I had so much multi time because that is what they hold over the pilots head to keep them around. At the end of the day... waiting for recall and just going back to school and doing other kinds of work to survive seems to be the only choice. Some of us went to sell cars, other went to work in food service, some got their old CFI jobs back and other went back to school. Few lucky ones found better aviation jobs and moved on. Oh and a few have gone to military, ooh-rah. My butt is too old and fat to go back to military... otherwise i'd be gone already. I have to just hope that ASA knows what they are doing each time they talk "overstaff" and "furlough". They went all these years with never furloughing pilots and now it seems like it's a easy trigger to pull with all this talk about overstaffing. They cried 200 overstaffed before we got furloughed... now they went 2 rounds of furloughs, some attrition, red arrow days everywhere and gained a UAL contract and they still cry 200 overstaffed. I understand the 6 CRJ200s left but still... from what I am told from the guys at IAD, the 14 200s there are flying more block hrs then it did for DL. That HAS TO MAKE UP for some of the flying for the 6 200s left. Is 200 just a number they like to cry out? HECK... if that is the case then ASA was 400 - 500 overstaffed before round 1 hmm.... that would mean pretty much 50% of the F.O.'s Yet there are line holders hired in mid 2007. This is why I call BS on the overstaff rumor. I do think ASA MAYBE properly staffed as of now.. but no where close to overstaffed.