View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 06:51 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Three points. Mesa sucks because...

1) They gave up a lot to get rid of freedom A. I give 'em credit for this but the reality is their MEC f*&^ed up and gave away too much because the courts almost certainly would have forced JO to integrate freedom eventually...it might have required some patience under difficult circumstances.

2) The management philosophy at mesa is to rape, pillage, plunder, lie, cheat, and steal. It has been that way for years and is ingrained in their culture. There is no easy or quick fix for this...I recall a couple west-pointers that got hired into management, but only lasted a few months because they could not stomach the crap. The only cure for this is a major economic catastrophy and subsequent top-to-bottom house-cleaning...getting fired by two codeshares should do the trick.

3) The old MEC was useless at best, but may have been worse than useless... The new MEC is spineless and has demonstrated their willingness to roll over for JO at every turn. I think they are lifers who are more concerned about growth and company survival than anything else. The pilot group has a lot of very junior people who are scared or ignorant or both. Also, since people with backbones often get fed up and leave within a year or two, mesa has more than their share of spineless wonders. Not to mention the MAPD gang, who would be unemployable outside of mesa...

There's no quick fix for mesa except to get rid of them...I'm kind of hoping they do it to themselves.