Old 03-28-2010, 04:30 AM
Snacks
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2009
Position: Retired back on AD enjoying Germany

"Over the last year or so, the AF cherry picked who they wanted and changed the rules and application as they saw fit."

Larry,
I understand your frustration but do not agree that the AF "cherry picked" who they wanted. I have met dozens of retired-returnees in my travels and we are not necessarily the cream of the crop but we were the first to apply who took the offer that the Air Force presented to them. We are retired pilots, navs, and ABMs who took those dreaded staff jobs and who are happy to be back on active duty doing the job we have been asked to do.

I am disappointed that the AF is not bringing more folks back. Even with the 500 extra bodies, there are still requirements going unfilled. There are staffs who needed experienced rated officers to complete the taskers being assigned to them. There are deployments that will continue to be filled by the same folks again and again. I was only back 4 months before I was sent on a 120 day deployment. I am hoping that I don't get another but I am also a realist and believe that there is a good possibility I will get tasked again.

Everyone knows that these things happen in cycles and I believe that the cycle will force their hand again and they will re-open the gate. Just be ready when the gate opens. Best of luck to all!

Snacks