View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 09:22 AM
HSLD
APC co-founder

Joined APC: Feb 2005
Position: B777

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
I'd love to hear how his local alpa reps are going to spin all of this at his company termination hearing.

If alpa national retracts the story or makes any kind of apology that is not going to help his case...

While alpa may try to sweep this under the rug, I don't think AMR will be so forgiving...not really in their nature.

I wonder if alpa kicks him out, do they still have a duty to represent him during his termination? I suspect they do.
This is the part that really makes me angry: Assuming AE terminates his employment, ALPA is required by it's C&BL to represent him - that means that dues dollars will spent to try to preserve his job.

AE could also do nothing as a slap at ALPA, after all, "Tim is ALPA". What management wouldn't like to keep a trophy of ALPA's black eye?

If ALPA proceeded with Article XIII charges, it's as lengthy a process as any courtroom trial - then comes the appeals. During this time ALPA retains the DFR.

Point is, ALPA members will be paying for this, literally, in the short term and figuratively for much longer.