Thread: A Military Poser in the ALPA Magazine?

kalyx522 , 04-01-2010 07:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off
kalyx522
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2006
  • Position
    Student Pilot
Quote: The thing that really jumps out at me, but I don't think anyone has mentioned here, is the similarity between Mr. Martins and the FedEx 705 jumpseater.
I mentioned it probably a dozen or two pages ago because I noticed the similiarity as well, that 705 also started with the the FE being busted for exaggerating his work history/experience or something to that effect. I was a child at the time the FedEx 705 happened so I never knew about it until recently. Just unreal, I could not stop thinking about it for a few days.
A couple people mentioned suicide... I would be more worried about something like 705 where he hurts other people (specifically, as many people as his embraer holds). If he lied about all this crap you have no idea what other flying qualifications/history/experience he lied about. Worse, if he is deranged enough to lie to the extent that he did, you don't know what else he is capable of. I'm sure NO ONE could've expected in their wildest imaginations what Calloway ended up doing. Not saying Martins will do what Calloway did, because that is pretty damn horrific, but my point is that no one knows what people like him are capable of... and I don't like that uncertainty/unreliability in a person controlling airplanes full of people.