View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 10:50 AM
cptmurf
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: CRJ 900 CA

Originally Posted by sigep_nm View Post
So you are saying that FO wages (combined scale) didnt subsidize the arrival of the Avro's, which resulted in a pay increase only to Captains? There was a pretty big difference between RJ85 captain pay and Saab captain pay.
Actually it didn't. I believe that the current FOs took a pay raise at the time the blended rate went into effect. Also the large gap that you mention is due to the breakdown of fleet types. Remember the Metro and Dash were still on the property at the time of that contract. The union at that time broke the turboprop fleet up by seats the way that they are now. When the Avros came on that was an ammendment to that contract for the payscales, which were set to the Avro seating 69. The 02-04 contract established the 50 seat jet rate, which is identical to the 70 turboprop rate. The BK extended the 69 seat rate to 76, due to the forsight of the 900/175s. I think I got all that right, ask MN, he would have the exact timeline.

I actually think it is a good idea for all to try to learn how, when or why all of our contract items were negotiated. I think it will give you a better understanding of how we got in this perdicament, and how we can negotiate out of it successfully.