View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Baronpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: B737 FO

Originally Posted by maddog3 View Post
i don't regret going to colgan, just because i always think you should make the best out of every situation. i have to say. some people told me about colgan, and how i should have gone somewhere else. but i was fed up after many years of instructing, and colgan was the first regional to call me. i had a great experience hand flying a tyrboprop, and i met great guys. however, if you have the possibility to go right away to a top regional, i would do so IMHO, just because seniority is very important, and the sooner you get onboard, the better. hope it can help. good luck!
Hey, I appreciate the input! I'm sort of in that situation as you were in regards to instructing. Most of us do it as a timebuilder and nothing more. There is a good reason for that as it gets old and sometimes leads to pilots quiting altogether. So, as I get closer to the mins, I am looking at the best chance at getting hired. I can tell you Colgan will be one place where my resume goes, but if a jet job was offered, that would be the likely choice. I'm one of those kids (19) who isn't going to get a fast upgrade, so I will have to make my choice based upon what's best at the time. Once again, thanks for all the advice. That's a reason why I come here is to learn.