View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by TimSmith View Post

Yes, NetJets was a GREAT job! Yes I am furloughed. Yes I expect to never go back. The furlough will be longer than projected because there is basically no attrition due to the quality of the job. New management has cancelled every delivery they are not contractually required to take. They are disposing of a large number of aircraft. They still "claim" to be overstaffed.

Does that mean there will be another furlough? I have no idea. I hope not. Past actions by the new management is what gives a rumor like this legs. It is sad that it is believable. Good luck to those on the "new" bottom. I hope not to see ya'll elsewhere.

Also note that the new management is more than content, pleased even, that there is fear and uncertainty in the ranks. A marked difference from the management that hired us (the furloughees.)

First Off - Best of luck to all the NJ guys and gals, I hope you all land on your feet.

Next, there is a very valuable lesson for all Pilots in the above post: No matter how great your job is, and how great your company was, we are labor and consequently are all only one management shuffle away from being screwed. Don't ever forget it, and don't think your company is different - in the end greed and the almighty dollar will prevail.

Unfortunately in today’s business world, noble and honorable leadership, which often yield superior results in the long term, may be seen as a negative in the short term drive to show results "next quarter" or set the company up for a buyout with big bonuses all around.

Again - Good luck to all the Net Jets guys and gals.

Scoop

Last edited by johnso29; 04-18-2010 at 09:20 AM. Reason: fixed quote