Old 11-12-2006, 01:21 PM
TurboTravis
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Default Driving record, please help, freaking out here.

Hello all! My name is Travis, and I've been a AP mechanic for about 8 years and looking into becoming a pilot. I am currently 26 years old. I've been researching heavily for about 2 weeks (including this forum) and my main concern right now is my drivers license. My history is as follows-

Speeding ticket when I was 16-dismissed due to faulty speedo
Speeding ticket when I was ~20 (out of state)-took defensive driving
Wreckless driving when I was ~19 (out of state)-got lawyer, reduced
Speeding ticket when I was 22 (in state)-got lawyer, reduced
Speeding ticket when I was 25 (out of state)-just paid it
Accident when I was 25..police report says speeding was a factor, currently in court for this one due to injuries.
Speeding ticket when I was 26 (out of state)-sent in not guilty, awaiting response.
Got a ticket for running a red light (close call) the other day (in state), plan on sending in not guilty, hoping to get it reduced to non moving.

I got a ticket for public exposure (p'ed outside when I was drunk), but was given a ACOD (goes away in 6 months if you don't do it again).

If I said all of this stuff in a interview, would my job chances suffer? I'm not about to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on training if this is going to kill my chances. Honestly, if the things that got reduced are not 'on my record', I don't plan on disclosing them.

Travis