View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 11:37 AM
ComairFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: CRJ Seat 13D

Originally Posted by RightSeatDude View Post
I just got a phone call asking me if I want to go to the April 29 Shuttle America class. I accepted, of course. I've been out of the business for two years. Just had my biennial VFR check and IFR proficiency check, squeaking through both of them.

My plan is to spend about 5 hours in an FTD I have access to shooting approaches, studying my regs and going through Gleim commercial, instrument and ATP tests. With regards to Gleim, my plan is to make sure I not only get the answers correct, but understand why they are correct. I will also go through the Flight Ops manual from ExpressJet (my last employer), and go through all the 121 regs there.

I have nearly 1,100 hours SIC in the ERJ-145, so am planning to go through the 145 systems lightly, knowing I'll be learning a new but similar aircraft.

I want to be the best I can possibly be, and would appreciate any suggestions anyone has to my plan on getting ready for class. Suggestions pertaining to all of it, but especially with regards to E-170 systems and callouts would be especially appreciated.
Is this for real??? It sounds like you've got it all figured out, so why are you asking us?