Thread: Stephen Sharp
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 03:57 AM
DeadHead
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

[quote=unitedpilot;805812]
Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
Like it or not, it implies a method that will positively influence the results of a federally mandated drug test.
quote]

Unless the website was www.DearAirlinePilotBeatYourFederallyMandatedDrugT est.com then you as I said are uneducated on our privacy laws. I guess our 5th and 6th amendment rights are no good right?? See you don't even know what they are because your prestiguous "Ailrine Pilot" title is what matters. Get off your high horse and down to what is really illegal here to constitute this misdeameanor or felony charge whatever it is. How can someone sell a drug test drink to pilots right????? That is everyone's first response. We don't even know if he sold it to even one pilot do we?

Please spare me your banter. If he was a drug user or actually sold to pilots then this will be revealed. Have you seen his guys web site?? Well I have and I truly think this was purely a selective prosecution and have no idea who this dude is. Chit he probably jump seated with me today and I would probably give him a tighter handshake rather than a shrug on my shoulders.
His airline career is now in the chitter forever basically as well as his reputation if he had any. This whole story smells like chit.

I side with the pilot.

First and foremost, I made no direct connection to this guys' legal woes with his company and the fact that he is an airline pilot. I could care less what this guy's primary career is. It's irrelevant, and to be perfectly honest, I truly don't believe this guy is a drug user and I bet he is a fine individual/pilot.

To be perfectly honest, I am no Harvard Professor when it comes to privacy law, you called me out there successfully. The thing is I haven't intimately studied the legitimacy of privacy, and other such laws, prevalent in the America. The thing is, I'm not a federal prosecutor, the only thing I can imagine in this case is what the company looks like to a federal prosecutor. Like I said earlier, it appears as a method to ensure/manipulate a positive result of a federally mandated drug test. The benign fact that it is an all-natural, herbal remedy that merely cleanses the body doesn't change the fact that it is designed to prevent adverse test results.

Furthermore, if you want to expand on your understanding of privacy laws, then by all means you should run to this guy's side and help him out with his legal fees. If you truly believe his civil rights as an American are being violated, then by all means you should support him. This guy is now spending somewhere upwards of $40,000+ trying to plead his case with nothing to win, but his freedom.

My point here is that there are hundreds of thousands of preppy law school graduates working for the federal government just dissecting anything that may appear to be a prosecutable case. It's costs these individuals nothing to destroy a guy like this because that is there lively-hood, whereas a guy like this is merely trying to make an honest living. Prudent judgment would have dictated to stay away from a product like this as to not motivate those gun-ho federal prosecutors to attack. When it comes to testing the legitimacy of our federal laws against the government, the general public defendant will always be the loser.

I don't have a dog in this fight and I prefer not to take sides because I don't know all the facts, but I wish this guy the best with regards to a positive outcome for him and his family.