View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 07:02 AM
alfaromeo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by marcal View Post
Hi,

Obviously I can see the pay rates, etc on APC, but I wanted to get an honest idea on typical first and second year pay on the smallest aircraft ie MD-80/737.

If on reserve, can you expect to break guarantee?

Also, how much is med insurance for a family per month?

Last question, is the 401K the only option for retirement money? I see a B plan of 10% on APC but does that show up in your paycheck or a totally seperate account? I've never had a retirement plan besides 401K so please excuse my naivete.

Thanks
Marcal
I will answer what I can. Our DC plan is a separate plan from the 401K but it works pretty much the same. Right now the company puts 2% in your 401K (it is not a match, you get it even if you contribute nothing) and you get 10% in a your DC plan. The DC contribution goes up 1% each of the next two years in January, so you will soon have 2% 401K and 12% DC for a total of 14% company contribution. What you put in your own 401K is your own decision.

A junior pilot will have to answer the rest of the questions. Delta pilots average about 1000 hours of pay per year. You can use that as a gauge on what your pay will be based on the pay rates.