View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 12:41 PM
flyinhigh6165
Lineholder

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: CRJ CAPTAIN/LCP

I have interviewed with Great Lakes, Trans States, American Eagle and ASA. I was offered 2 out of 4. The 2 i did not get had to due with lower multi-time than my competition at Great Lakes and busting the sim at Eagle. I have read all those interview prep books and even took a class at Embry-Riddle about interviewing. I have to say SpatialD is correct. I know it is easier said than done but relax and be yourself. That allows them to see the REAL you and helps you to think more clearly and show confidence. So preparing for these interviews is the key. How bad do you want it and remember that the other guy/girl is probably at Starbucks studying their butt off and doing their research. You have to make yourself stand out and tell them what you have to offer the company. Be honest with your answers but dont back yourself into a corner. So what's your biggest weakness? Answer that and turn it into something positive. It's also about attitude. Are you a positive,easy going person that they can stand flying with for 4 days at a time. Dont settle to just pass the writtens...study harder and get them all right. When asked why us? What I did was just tell them what I liked about the company and told them why I was a good person for the job.....example. I like that ASA has never furloughed in 26 years. I like how positive the attitude is around here and the safety record that ASA has. I can bring to ASA a safe pilot, knows the importance of good customer service, and a good team player. Then i just gave honest examples of each one of those. Make sure you give examples...dont just say I am professional....tell them how you are. This is just my experience and hope it helps some....good luck!