View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 10:53 AM
forgot to bid
veut gagner à la loterie

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Light Chop

I thought it was AA, post LIT, that was the one who coined plan for the go-around unless everything looks good- then we'll land?

I say that because if there is any doubt, we go-around. And if there is any doubt you'll be low on fuel, you DIVERT. We're paid by the minute, block or better, for a myirad of reasons one of which is to not force something to save time.

I don't pick the fuel totals I fly with, so if I do as I am told and it won't work out then I go elsewhere. We have FMS', you know how much fuel you'll have on landing from the time you suck the gear up. If you know you're headed to an airport and will not have enough fuel to make an approach, go-around and come back around then stop while you do have the fuel. Its a simple concept especially with dual FMS' on board.

A divert is not a reflection upon the pilot if they run low on fuel because they didn't plan the fuel. If anything it is a reflection in the positive. Trying to force it in for the personal satisifcation of completing the job, or for making a commute or for ego reasons is asinine. Low on fuel, suck it up and divert.