Old 05-13-2010, 05:37 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by N2264J View Post
Maybe I should. I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer but why would all these witnesses be requesting immunity if nothing happened? Immunity is something that's usually granted in exchange for testimony favorable to the prosecution, no?

American Valor Military Tribute
The entire case was based on the testimony of a non-SEAL Master-at-arms (basically a military prison guard) who was a known malcontent and discipline problem.

My guess...the seals got into a pee-ing match with the MAA over who-knows-what, and he then blew something completely out of proportion out of spite.

I don't know how many terrorists or insurgents you've dealt with personally, but they tend to be rather non-cooperative at every opportunity. They often do require manhandling simply to control them, so legitimate prisoner handling might have blown out of proportion...a given blow struck might be perfectly acceptable or a crime, depending on context and what the bad guy was doing.

I'm convinced these guys did nothing wrong... requesting CM is like if the HS principle is going to discipline you for taking Susie's lunch money, but you demand that he call the cops and have you arrested, so you can prove your innocence in court. You had better be sure of yourself.