View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 11:07 PM
CAL EWR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Default Please Help Pilots Stuck In Brazil

Please Help Pilots Stuck in Brazil
The following forwarded e-mail is from my good friend and fellow Continental pilot Doug Marotta. His friend Joe Lepore was the captain of the executive jet that had a mid-air collision with a Brazilian 737-800 airliner over Brazil in September. Joe is a former Trans States (ALPA) and Jan is former Eagle and furloughed American (ALPA and APA).

Joe and his copilot Jan have been held in Brazil with their passports confiscated by the local authorities for almost two months.

Please review the forwarded e-mails and the attached sample letter I am sending to you. Please forward this email, along with the sample letter, to others (especially to those that live in New York state.)

Ask all who are forwarded these emails to send the sample letter to the listed US officials to create the political pressure needed so Joe and his copilot can return home to their families.

Thank You,

I got the following email from Ellen Lepore, Joe Lepore's wife. All along we've been asked if there's anything that we could do to help Joe and Jan, his co-pilot. Well, now there is. Please send letters to the politicians in the accompanying email as soon as possible. Make sure your spouses, family, friends, EVERYONE YOU KNOW sends one. It's important that these guys finally get home to their families. Please send this email to everyone that you know. Now's the time to step up and do whatever we can to help. Remember, not only is Joe a great guy who doesn't deserve the treatment he's getting, but it could also be you down there needing help, wishing someone would write a letter. Please help and write the letters as soon as possible. It'll only take a moment, and you can reunite two families for the holidays. Thanks so much for your help. I know Joe for many years, and I know he and his family would be very appreciative and thank you all as well. Thanks!

I just wanted to let you know that we got the OK to put the pressure on the US Gov't to try and get Joe and Jan home. I've attached a document that includes the names of a few politicians along with a sample letter. Please pass this along to anyone you think might help.

Thank you!!

Ellen

CONTACT INFORMATION

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton
Fax: 202-228-0282
Phone: 202-224-4451
476 Russell Senate Office Building