Old 05-26-2010, 05:30 AM
Timekiller
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by TankerNav View Post
Like a lot of others on here, I’ve been lurking for a long time, but finally decided to register and post. First of all thank you for this thread. I am grateful to those of you who are very knowledgeable in this subject area and are so willing to share it with the rest of us. I’m a retired O-5 ANG tanker nav with 27 years of (mostly) part-time service. I put in my application for RRORP in July 2009 and made it through the final review board in December. Then the program came to a halt in January and February, and I figured that was the end of it, especially since I wasn't going into a flying position. But in early April I received my SOI, and now I’m waiting (like Timekiller) for AO validation. I noticed that some of you (UAL T38 Phlyer and Aloha Air Pilot) have a start date but no orders yet. At what point in the program do you get a start date, and how firm is that date? I want to give my employer as much notice as possible and also get my house rented out. I’ve never even done a PCS before, so I’ve got a steep learning curve ahead of me. I’d appreciate any assistance/advice any of you would like to share.
I e-mailed recall ops asking if my 3 1/2 month wait for AO reval was unusual and they replied some people have waited 6 months. I could be on MediCare before I get back on active duty!!!