View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 10:43 AM
b2pilot186
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by JustUnderPar View Post
B2P,
Though I dont think Brownie is leaving this place, I know of many that really regret coming here. The management relations in this place are the absolute worse I have ever seen. I have worked at some really bad places before too. But for a company of this size to treat its workers this way is a joke. There is so much potential, but many in management are so arrogant and self centered, it make you wonder about the companies future. The only people not seeing this are the ones with their heads still in the sand that have not been effected by the furlough. Their day is coming even if they dont want to believe it. This place could shut the airline down and through SCS outsource all of our work. Have you seen the grievance filed regarding this?

UPS is planning on using all the FQS's to replace 1.7 or so Captains. They will continue to bump people backwards till they get the "metrics" they are looking for. It is not going to be pretty. Yes they will furlough all 300. I'll bet you a beverage of your choice on that one.

EVERYONE is hiring and expanding. We are parking planes and furloughing. The BOD and CEO have given themselves HUGE pay raises. The MOU was turned down for some mysterious reason. I guess they could not wrap their hands around it.

UPS is pinning lots of hopes on the FAA Reauthorization bill getting the FedEx language included. UPS needs to understand that the relationship going on with their employees is not going to get the public behind this bill. (Mechanics...Pilots...) Laying people off in states that are already hit by the economy is bad Karma. I have spoken with a Senator and member of the House about how we have gotten treated. Yes they are both on the transportation and infrastructure committee. Guess which way they both indicated they are going to vote?
1. I understand that management here at UPS isn't in love with its employees. However, shutting down the airline with new jets coming in for the next few years is not credible.

2. There is no grievance concerning the 200% increase last month in SCS...yet. We need the evidence first...If you attended the SDF GMM you would've heard that straight from the EB.

3. The FQS problem is being attacked aggresively but it will take time...and it will be likely be ultimately successful from what the EB has been told by two different legal firms.

4. Not everyone is hiring yet, but I'll tell you this much...the ones that are hiring or do so in the future will look like buffoons if this economy takes another temporary dip. Look at the cast of non-profitable characters making noises about hiring.

5. I agree that UPS is pinning a lot of hopes on the FAA reauthorization bill...I recommend that you don't pin your own hopes on it as well.

B2P