Old 05-31-2010, 03:32 PM
winglet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by yamahas3 View Post
Better than Contract Carriers, call the forum and aviation segment what it really is (and don't take it as an insult, it should foster nothing but a desire for change).

OUTSOURCED LABOR
yamahas3,

Most outsourced, contract, replacement, b-scale, (derogatory name here) pilots will agree with you. Any intelligent pilot flying any aircraft painted with a major carriers logo on the tail and is not a major airline pilot is well aware that they are "outsourced labor" (you noticed I said "intelligent"). This past decade of pilot hiring has not offered any alternatives. I'll say it again, this is by design not by accident.

The question is; "What are we going to do about it"? Major airline managements have created this business model to enable whipsaw amongst the pilot groups and have been very successful at it. There are legions of dupes who will fall into the "my crappy outsourced or b-scale airline is better than your crappy outsourced or b-scale airline" mentality which only enables management to continue their path of self-destruction. Every outsourced airline will have unlimited numbers of applicants to fly their small jets and they are well aware of this. Expecting the lowest bidders to disappear is insanity. The "lowest bidders" are not going to suddenly vanish because of name-calling.

It has become obvious that the airline labor leadership is ignorant of the root cause of the demise of the industry. The individual pilot groups have to each involve themselves in this grass-roots effort of changing the name of this type of flying to bring attention to the fact that they are indeed outsourced small jets. The major airline pilots need to stop complaining about the "replacement jets", swallow their pride, wake up and fight for scope. The outsourced pilots need to stop complaining about the "bottom feeder" outsourced airline, fight the tendency to fall into the blame game, fight the whipsaw, and encourage their mainline brothers and sisters to absorb the small jet flying. They need to spend their valuable time educating the newcomers about the realities of the "race to the bottom".

winglet