View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 08:05 AM
Soyathink
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by Jetjok View Post
how come UPS has never had an employee discount? Including prior to 1971, before FedEx was founded. JJ
Because UPS gives vacations to all of their employees. UPS gives Benefits to all of their employees. Most UPS employees make alot more than their FDX Counterparts. How many times did you ship a package for Uncle Stush using your FDX discount? Just think of the FDX ground guys delivering your package with no benefits or vacation next time. The FDX ground guy has to find a replacement driver when he want to take a day off. He has to pay the guy out of his own money too. UPS'ers dont have to do that. Oh they don't get a 10% discount on shipping. Managers don't get to ride on corporate jets either.

I have seen managers and employees at UPS get fired for slipping packages into the system without paying for them.

I don't know about you but Id rather have Bene's, vacation and better pay than a 10% discount with free coffee. Thats just me though. UPS should take a vote, Ground drivers give up vaca, bene's and great pay so ANC gets free coffee and everybody gets an employee discount.