View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 11:42 PM
Burlcfii
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Position: CJ2+ Captain, Part 91

Originally Posted by mshunter View Post
FYI. check my profile dude. I FO occosionaly. The majority of the time I fly single pilot charters. And I went to ATP and tought at American Flyers. I have been around the industry nearly my entire life I know what it takes to make it to the top and hope to be there some day. If I do make it there and a guy shows up with PFJ in his logbook, the interview will be over! Do I feel pasionate about this topic? You bet. I don't need some spoiled rich kid ruining for those of us who have to work for what we have.

Thats the difference between you and me. I will NEVER fly 121. I have had in previous and still have a very personal relationship with my boss. He's the kind of guy that makes sure we are taken care of. The kind of boss that invites you and your family to his house for a BBQ. The kind of boss that if you call in sick, you don't have to stand infront of him and explain yourself. The kind of boss you don't need union protection from.

I'd love to post more, but I am texting from my phone right now. When I get back to CA at my computer I'll post more.

i guess what MS wants is for us to just not get a job. MS im not saying PFT is the way to go, but what you don't know is there are no flying jobs out there, and this includes flight instructing jobs. For some of us who are tired of working in non-aviation jobs, and are ready to fly for a living PFT is looking like the only option. When a instructor has over 500 hrs of dual given and sends out resumes to 5 flight schools and recieves no response, that should tell you something. For some people the only option is to wait for the market to change (god knows when that will happen) or PFT weather it be eagle jet, or buying a block in a seneca. If i was to do this (which i dont think i am) it wouldn't be paid by mommy and daddy it would be a @$$ busting loan that took years to pay off. Its obvious you broke into the market when jobs were plentiful, so don't bust on others who took the only option available to them. Anyone who wishes bad on other pilots gives the industry a worst rap than those who PFT.