View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Soyathink
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

My posts got started by people here bashing UPS regarding furloughs while bragging Fed Ex is growing. Some have legit reasons to bash UPS and I will agree with them. Alot don't or people like Gunt just like to start rumours and stir the pot when he and alot of others don't even work for UPS or know much about UPS.

You never heard about after the 1997 UPS strike how many UPS people lost jobs? Some of you UPS guys might know that after that in 1998 UPS realigned districts and regions like what just happened recently and cost 1800 jobs plus up to 300 UPS Pilot jobs. I saw friends lose jobs. I saw my family have to move if they wanted a job. Not one pilot was furloughed then. Alot of managers and admin positions were eliminated then.

Some of you know what MIP is at UPS. Ask someone if MIP is the same as it once was and if it has changed for the worse if your a manager but better for the company? (Mip=Management Incentive Plan). You don't hear about that on the crewbus though. Should UPS release or reassign FQS'? Yes they should but on the other hand they can grind them down to a nub without retribution. The FQS can quit if he doesn't like it or have a job and do it. I don't agree with it just like I don't agree with Fed Ex unfairly taking volume under RLA or independent contractors. When UPS struck how many managers, CEO, executives came out and said they would replace the striking workers??? Instead they tried to invoke Taft Hartley which Fred's buddy in DC wouldn't invoke. Google Taft Hartley. Look at how much then UPS transported of the nations GDP? But yet Taft Hartley wouldn't be invoked. UPS still worked with Union Representatives to settle the strike. We again all know what Fred would do

Create a level playing field, let FDX Express TRUCK DRIVERS decide. Let FDX Ground drivers go with their class action suits regarding employee status. Let Fed Ex Ground drivers unionize if they want. Let UPS regain lost volume in a fair playing field and get the pilots and others back to work. .

Last edited by Soyathink; 07-10-2010 at 03:56 PM.