View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 08:03 AM
Sluggo_63
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005

Originally Posted by Soyathink View Post
So how many airlines own over 41,000 trucks? That isn't hiding under the law?
So how many truck should an airline have before they are classified under the NLRA. Do maintenance truck count? How about tugs? Baggage carts? What is the appropriate number?
Business is open to competition but when one company is governed under one law and manipulates it while the other isn't and cannot then????
So, should airline caterers and cleaners be classified under the NLRA or the RLA? They do the same job as hotel cleaners and caterers. Hint: They have been found to be able to organize under the RLA. How about truck mechanics?
I povided links in other thread and on this one that Fed Ex Express said if the pilots struck they would divert volume to their 40,000 trucks and lease aircraft and crews. I though they are an airline? How can they divert volume to trucks when they are an airline?
That makes our point. They are integral to the airline. The truck drivers and airline pilots do the same job, just a different vehicle. Therefore, RLA. Maybe UPS should break out their air division trucks and their ground division trucks and organize the air division side under the RLA, and their ground division under the NLRA, just like FedEx does.

Oh yeah, you never posted the pictures of the FedEx ground driver handling Express packages and vice versa. I'd like to see those, because I contend that it NEVER happens.