View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 12:18 AM
Stephen1725
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Default Military vet medical questions

Ok ive read ALOT of forums trying to find the answers to my questions and havent found anything that could help...So I have a few questions for yall.Any help is greatly appreciated!
Ill give you a little background first so you can get a feel of where im coming from.
Ive been in the army for eight years. Deplyed multiple times to iraq. I have been diagnosed with ptsd. But its not bad ptsd. Just nightmares every once in a while and a little trouble dealing with the loss of some good friends. They put me on anti depressants, but i stoped using them because i didnt need them. I just needed to talk. Ive been off of the anti depressants for about 8 months. And i feel fine. The doctor says im fine..Will this disqualify me from getting my class 1?
I have also had a traumatic brain injury when i was blown up about 3 years ago. My doc diagnosed me with a benign tonsillar ectopia which means my cerebral tonsils are lower than normal by about 1/4mm. I had headaches for a while after it, but now im fine. No frequent headavches or anything. Will this disqualify me from a class 1 med cert?
Should I get the army docs to write me a letter saying that these issues are no longer a problem or should I just not mention them to the ame? I dont know if i will get disability from the va when i get out in 2 months. I dont want to lie to an ame, but all i want to do is fly.. I got accepted to Embry Riddle and everything is looking up for me and i dont want some little stuff to prevent me from living my dream.
ANY advice is greatly appreciated!!
Spc. Marshall