View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 03:12 AM
Stephen1725
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2010

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for contacting Virtual Flight Surgeons. We appreciate your interest and inquiry. I will provide you some general information, however, it may be best to discuss the particulars of your situation on the phone.

The key to head injury cases is making sure the clinical details and aeromedical issues are all clearly addressed. When information is lacking, the FAA tends to assume the worst case. As background for instance for seizures, the FAA policy for pilots requires a person be seizure free for 10 years and off anti-seizure medications for at least 3-4 years before being considered for airman medical certification if they have had more than one seizure. If they have only had one seizure, the waiting period is 4 years without seizures and 2 years off medications.

The other issue will be whether there was any bleeding within the central nervous system. The FAA generally requires a two year waiting period prior to certification. In addition the FAA may require specific cognitive testing. So as you can see, I would need to know more of the particulars in order to best answer your questions.

PTSD history may or may not be disqualifying depending on the severity and whether medication is required.

Let me assure you we have assisted many professional and private pilots report such issues. If you are interested in this assistance, the fee for our comprehensive services in your case would be $1100. This covers complete records review clarifying any potential Aeromedical issues, drafting an Aeromedical summary, submitting to the FAA and expediting the review process, and one on one physician advocacy with the FAA Aeromedical Certification Division as necessary. We will also assist you with the first year's renewal of your Special Issuance at no additional charge.

If you would provide me a phone number and good time to call I will be happy to do so. There will be no additional charge for the call. Our normal office hours are M-F 9-4 Mountain time and our phone number is 720-857-6117 or 1-866-AEROMED. Thanks again for using our service. I look forward to speaking with your.

W. Keith Martin, M.D.
Virtual Flight Surgeons, Inc.