Thread: Eclipse 500
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 12:15 PM
skykingtwo
New Hire

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: FAA Designated Pilot Examiner

"Guess this is why I love the internet, full of information, and even fuller of misinformation."

Ditto that sentiment. Personally I refrain from offering my opinion if I haven't flown the machine, but that is just me... I am a Pilot Examiner in the Eclipse 500 with over 1000 hours in type; my opinion is that for the money, it is the best value going today. Hey, if you have $3MM there are other, better equipped options out there - THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THIS A VERY LIGHT JET! It is light in weight and light on the pocket book. 65 GPH / 440 PPH total burn at FL410. Pretty damned efficient!

Yes, the original Eclipse went bankrupt, and lots of investors/vendors got screwed in that process, but the new Eclipse Aerospace is up and running under different management, parts are readily available from numerous sources, and most of the start-up problems of the first few years are behind the airplane now. Great technology, P&W power is fantastic, FIKI 1.7 solves nearly every problem in the early development of the airplane and from my seat, no better value out there for missions requiring less than 1000 miles and 4 seats. If you want to see for yourself - I have an airplane you can fly in California! gw