View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 10:49 AM
sellener
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: CFII

intially i thought BFR guy one was going to be an issue...hastn flown in 4 years......builds crazy experimentals that hes going to fly into class c and get violated with.......poor atc comms......

The first guy after a couple flights was very consistant ...acknolwedged faults....and improved

The second guy Im not sure with........

not sure if he feels pressured or gets nervous (didnt appear so)
did he just have a bad day?
was the class D response just a brain fart type thing (i know ive had them)

The biggest thing i noticed was he flew the whole time without saying much. It appeared he felt the whole thing was going fine. We debriefed and told him we were going to have to work on landings and emergecny proceudres among other things......I joked and told him he was very good at consistantly flaring and near stalling the aircraft at 50 feet, and if we could pick the runway up 50 feet we would have perfect landings...he seemed to smile/chuckle a bit. Ground portion was rusty.....no idea on the new "taxi to" clearances. Rusty on airspace entry requirments. what do you need to enter class B?.......two way radio communication. Do you have to talk to class D tower to transition airspace?......no

any thoughts/comments/ideas or stories on BFR's for a new CFII and a consistant way to evaluate BFR's.