View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 07:05 PM
KoruPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Contract purgatory

Tey are Korean Airlines operated so perhaps the five day's has something to do with that. Ours is the same, but in Shanghai, as it takes five day's to do the exam, medical, sim check etc; they do everything when they interview you here.

As far as the exam and the medical they should both be just fine. The only catch would be if your exam was done for a specific Chinese carrier then that carrier may kind of "own" your results. Strange I know. Even if it was for another job however it might be that they are just fine. The best thing is to directly ask someone in their flight ops (Which, by the way, may not net you the correct answer even then. People here do NOT like to make decisions. Normally I just tell them what I'm doing and that works pretty well, takes the onus off them.)

Anything else let me know. Last I heard we were still looking but we require a type rating, I think. I'll check into it as I'm currently on tour with the Standards Manager in Holland.

Good luck with it.

Tianjin, by the way, is nasty. Very polluted air. Makes Hong Kong or Shanghai look like Yellowstone.