View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 06:31 AM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by Soyathink View Post
"the pilot's passport was stolen from his "secure" hotel room. The passport was located in a locked bag (secured with a TSA approved lock), in a supposedly "secure" hotel, where we will be safe, and our belongings safe from pilferage. "

How often do you stay in a hotel again???? "Secure hotel room" thats funny. So no housekeeping right? There is no such thing as a "Secure" hotel room.

"Located in a locked bag" ... How safe and secure is that? If I were a thief, I'd go for the "Locked Bag"
"Secured with a TSA approved lock" TSA=Too Stupid for Arbys. You should know how bright our TSA people are. They are approving locks now? Thats funny. I'm sure those TSA approved locks are unpickable right?

If your room doesn't have a safe the front desk will.

My father was a high ranking UPS manager who lived in the Pac Rim and also in Germany during the cold war. These were assignments courtesy of UPS. Both were over a year not a layover.

So why didn't this pilot contact the US Embassy or Consulate? That would be the first thing I would have done. Guess what they speak Engrish too.

What did the IPA do for him? What did the other crew members do for him? Again how is this UPS' fault? How is this the FQS' fault?

Use some common sense that all.
I really think you should bestow some of this common sense on everyone. What would you have done differently to protect your passport? It seems to me he put it in the best place available. Apparently you think otherwise, but you fail to suggest an alternative to prevent it from happening again.

It's nice to know UPS supports it's employees in times of need. It's truly sad that they were willing to offer zero support in time of need.