View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 08:54 AM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by Soyathink View Post
You seem to have not read my posts. It's in there. I leave nothing of value in my room if I'm not in there or it doesn't have a safe. I have suggested a few things. If the pilot wasn't in his room, what did he use for ID in China? What if he was at dinner and the Chinese detained him for something? What would he show that he belonged in China? His KY Drivers License?

UPS can say the samething as you regarding support. I think there is alot more to this story than what is posted. Should UPS get the pilot a new laptop? That had to have been taken too. What about cash and credit cards? That had to have been stolen. Nothing mentioned there either. So it was just a passport that was taken? What did the pilot use as Identification in a Communist Country while out of his room? Stated before most pilots don't carry their passports. Why do we need passports then if thats the case?

What did the other crew members do to help this pilot? What did the IPA do to help this pilot?

This thread was about the furlough not about passports lost and the company to blame anyhow. It is all about stirring the pot rather than working together to get people back to work.

Senseless stupidy and childish actions on both sides of the fence.
The issue is not about UPS not taking responsibility for this pilot losing his passport. It's about not helping him when it was lost. A laptop is personal property, & they should not be expected to replace it.

The issue is that they didn't offer any help. Did the IPA offer help? IDK, but the fact that they have to be relied upon for issues like this speaks volumes about the people running UPS. A US Embassy should not be the pilots only option while on an overnight on company business. He flat should have been able to pick up the phone & call UPS on company dime to get a copy faxed over. It should have been a non event, but it sounds like UPS doesn't care about it's employees. Providing hotels where you have to worry about people stealing your belongings? I know a guy who picked CAL over UPS 4 years ago. Seems like he made the right choice.