Old 08-17-2010, 08:57 AM
FliFast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: I was acquired, Not Hired

Originally Posted by Soyathink View Post
Fli,

SYT,

Well-thought response. I see you've been on the short-end with UPS also. Fair to say, what they shovel at us is different than what was shoveled your way...either way it's dung.

Your pay comparisons FDX vis-a-vis UPS are pretty astute. However, of my own admission, I forgot to tell you that UPS pilots are not paid based on equipment, only seat.

Therefore, your comparison of rates is correct. I only compared what I make vs. what my counterpart flying widebody equipment makes-which is 3.5% more. Seriously, that's not the issue on this thread so I won't belabor it.

The core issue here is that a crewmember had his room broken into and UPS made it nearly impossible to "right" the situation. Neither you nor me were in the room, so we can armchair the heck out of why he didn't have his passport, and why the hotel did not prevent this breech of bailment. In the end, the crewmember turned to his employer for aid and it was refused.

I welcome your response, but I take away from this thread that UPS can do much much more to harness the goodwill efforts of 420,000 employees if they put forth an honest effort. However, the longer this disconnect goes on the road to recovering the said mentioned goodwill will become more difficult if not impossible.

At some point the buck ends with our CEO and COO, just like out on the line it ends with our Capts. The choice of how to operate a flight rests with our Capts, the tone of employee relations has to reside with someone in the Ivory Tower.

FF