View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 09:02 AM
Soyathink
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by johnso29 View Post
The issue is not about UPS not taking responsibility for this pilot losing his passport. It's about not helping him when it was lost. A laptop is personal property, & they should not be expected to replace it.

The issue is that they didn't offer any help. Did the IPA offer help? IDK, but the fact that they have to be relied upon for issues like this speaks volumes about the people running UPS. A US Embassy should not be the pilots only option while on an overnight on company business. He flat should have been able to pick up the phone & call UPS on company dime to get a copy faxed over. It should have been a non event, but it sounds like UPS doesn't care about it's employees. Providing hotels where you have to worry about people stealing your belongings? I know a guy who picked CAL over UPS 4 years ago. Seems like he made the right choice.
In your reply you wrote "It Sounds like UPS doesn't care about it's employees"

Posting on the internet there are alot of "It Sounds" but again three sides to every story.

A quick call to home could have a copy faxed.

A passport is personal property. UPS doesn't stand for United Passport Service.

is there a hotel out there where you don't have to worry about your belongings being stolen? If you leave your GPS visable in your car is it the car manufacturers fault that somebody broke into your locked car and stole your GPS?? I know it is UPS' because they don't pay you enough to by a more secure car.

So the pilot in question never did a thing to any FQS? I'm asking because you tend to get what you put in to life.

Last edited by Soyathink; 08-17-2010 at 10:01 AM.