View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 10:30 AM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by Soyathink View Post

A quick call to home could have a copy faxed. A passport is personal property. UPS doesn't stand for United Passport Service.
Is there a hotel out there where you don't have to worry about your belongings being stolen? If you leave your GPS visable in your car is it the car manufacturers fault that somebody broke into your locked car and stole your GPS?? I know it is UPS' because they don't pay you enough to by a more secure car.
Ok, not following the weak GPS example. Do you have proof that the passport was locked up in a clear glass case in the hotel room? And isn't that why we have insurance? Does UPS offer passport insurance for their employees to purchase? It really doesn't sound like the said employee is asking for reimbursement of the passport, & if he is that's still not the point I'm arguing.

And you keep bringing up the issue of who's at fault here. You're failing to argue the issue that I'm addressing. I am not assigning blame as to who is responsible for the passport getting stolen. That is NOT the issue. The issue is that UPS failed to provide assistance to an employee. Did he make the call to get a copy faxed? If he didn't,then that is his fault. But did UPS provide any assistance, or guide him in the right direction?

You need to stop dancing around the issue. It's not an argument about who's is at fault for the passport getting stolen, it's about getting zero assistance from UPS after the fact.

Look, I have no dog in the fight, I don't work for UPS. I have never wanted to. I just think your confused about the point people are trying to make.

Last edited by johnso29; 08-17-2010 at 12:19 PM.