View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 01:41 PM
Soyathink
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by Jetjok View Post
As I see it, this pilot was overseas, on UPS business, not on personal time. That being the case, it should be the company's responsibility to provide as much support to said employee, as is corporately possible. Regardless of how the passport was lost: be it by theft; a hooker stealing it from his room; fell out of his back pocket when he was walking down the street; or a Martian beaming down and transporting it from the pilots' room to his 3-fingered hand, the bottom line is that the company should have done everything in its considerable power to: 1. get the employee a photocopy of his passport title page (which the company keeps on file); and 2. assist the pilot in returning to his domicile, because although a passport is "personal" property, it is a company requirement for the job, and indeed, the company pays for said passport and all modifications to it, including renewals and Visa stamps and updates. With that in mind, shouldn't the company provide any needed backup? I think so.

As well, I believe that my entire above paragraph is valid, regardless of the type of relationship one has with the company. This means that although I hate the company and they likewise hate me, since I'm doing their work, and cashing their paychecks, a certain relationship is in place, one in which the companys' job is to support their employees, while said employees are actively performing their jobs. Also, every time a flight crew successfully operates a company flight from point A to point B, they are making the company their number 1 priority, again, regardless of their personal relationship with said company.

As usual Soya, I find your responses show a continued lack of understanding of both Corporate America in general, as well as UPS's relationship with their employees. But have a nice day.

JJ
No problem JJ as usual you know all sides and your infinite wisdom is appreciated. You understand you get what you give right? I wonder why you don't see all the behind the scenes stuff publically displayed by the company. We know that over the 103 year history of UPS there haven't been threats of violence from employees, shootings by employees, bombs detonated by employees. Employees shooting at managers. Maybe the years have led to this kind of behavior but again it is all the company and never the employee. I wouldn't expect you to understand. I'll send you a PM with a news article in it. It will show you some of the things the company has to deal with. I'm not posting it public to protect my identity but this hit my family hard. You never hear that side and thats what some of you don't understand and would probably never will.

You have a great day too.

Back to regularly scheduled programming