Thread: CHQ Questions
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 09:31 AM
SharkyBN584
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: ERJ FO

Originally Posted by eyeinthesky View Post
Looking for any help on a few questions regarding CHQ. Have an interview in a week and wondering if hired what to expect as a class date? Are they running dates around xmas? Also what aircraft and Dom can a new hire expect. I see they have a 75hr reserve guarente but how much flight time can you expect on reserve and once off; if willing how much could you fly. Thanks
The short version:

1. Class date will be assigned about 2 weeks before class. You'll get a phone call and find out aircraft type/company then.

2. Any aircraft is fair game - no reason as to why some people get one airframe and others don't. If you don't have ATP mins. then you won't get the 170.

3. Domiciles are as needed. My class got spread across the system pretty evenly. I would say CMH or CVG would be a safe bet for CHQ (not LGA or MCO), as far as Shuttle America or Republic are concerned, I don't know.

4. Reserve is...well, it's reserve so it's never great. Some guys don't have to do it, others do. The smaller the base you get, the more likely you are to sit reserve. If you're reserve in a large base, you will probably break guarantee every month. Small base...not so much. You can always switch to another base as long as your seniority number can hold it and there's an opening.