View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 05:25 AM
Soyathink
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by say that again View Post
Soya;

I believe the bone of contention is the companies belief that the theft of the passport was the fault of the crewmember. This is no different than saying it was the woman's fault when she was raped. I've traveled overseas for UPS for 22 years, there is just no way to have your passport on your person at all times. The crewmember in question was not overseas for personal reasons, he was there to perform a service for UPS. That being said, when a corporation sends an employee overseas to perform duties, there is some degree of obligation to assist the employee. The way UPS has handled this situation is beyond belief, even if only half of the story is true. Once again this will serve to strengthen the IPA membership. On that note, UPS handled this very poorly and their actions will prove very costly. It was a very stupid decision.
Say:
The bone of contention is probably very accurate being around UPS so long. If a crewmember was raped what fault is it of UPS? I know furloughed pilots feel raped by UPS.

If the crewmembers passport was stolen what fault is it of UPS? There has to be some accountablity on the crewmember? Did he do everything he needed to do? Did have a backup passport? Did he have all his documents copied and backed up on a computer? The majority of the companies would tell you to call the embassy, that there is nothing they could do. This victims mentality that seems to be popular in todays age. Everybody thinks something is owed to them, why?

I posted before ways to prevent things like this from happening. Use an online safe. Hopefully it will help somebody.