View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 12:07 PM
ThreeSides
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Short the Market

Originally Posted by Toast1927 View Post
I keep on hearing rumblings that come Peak this year the system is going to crumble.

I know after only 5 years I don't know anything, but I was wondering why? I am guessing that UPS can get 1 plane or 100 planes for Peak. To me it seems like Peak will actually be easier then in the past due to the fact that they will have more planes and crews that could take a flight.

Ok, I know what you are thinking, no carrier is sitting around with extra planes and crews just waiting for UPS to call, and they are certainly not going to higher and train crews for 5 weeks of flying. I agree. However, I would think the UPS will pay top dollar for extra lift if needed. I would think that top dollar from UPS will get a plane that might be normally flying autoparts in from Mexico.

Toast
Is this coming from the same people who in the MOU days said "there's no way UPS will furlough!"?
Is this from the same people who in the post MOU days said "there's no way they'll furlough even 100!"?
Is this from the same people who when called to be accountable for their statements said "well it was only an opinion".

Maybe it's only an opinion, and we need to consider how much credibility it deserves.

All of that being said, I hope UPS finds it so difficult to find subcontractors for peak that it actually costs them more money than if they had floated the extra pilots. It would serve Davis and Kuehn right!