View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 07:04 AM
aseweepay
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: seated, but sometimes I get up and walk around

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
The latest fantasy/rumor is that the next bid will be a vacancy only (no RIF) to staff the coming museum exhibits (Cargolux -400's) FWIW.
I have heard that too, 40 new positions in ANC...not sure where they are going to get the bodies...Miami is begging for more lift and crews, there are JA calls in SDF and ONT...to cut any more lower 48 crews would really be stupid...oh...wait....I think I just realized what they will do....because they planned this a year ago and they can't take the blinders off...hypothetically, if things boomed for another 3 years and then slowed, at that time the powers that be would then justify what they are doing now by saying, "see...we predicted this slowdown 3 years ago".....folks, this is why you never let the bean counters run the company.....let the visionary business men/women (if there are any left) run the business, and they will call the bean counters when they want to expand or contract the business and need input as to the most efficient way to get the job done...