View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 07:52 AM
FlyerJosh
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

Originally Posted by jrmyl View Post
I agree with that, however, for an interview question I would answer that we would not leave until the aircraft is in compliance with all FAA regs and the Aircraft MEL.
Of course, but if you "amend" the question to fit your needs it shows that you're thinking beyond the interview.

99% of transport category aircraft have two nav lights for a reason.

Every time that I've heard of this question, the interviewer has never specified the type of aircraft... They leave the question "open-ended" for a reason to see your line of thought. (All of these types questions are like that...)

Question: It's christmas eve, your at an outstation with no maintenance and notice that a nav light is burnt out. What do you do?

Before you answer the question think things through: Is it dark? (Christmas eve is all day long!) Is there more than one bulb for each nav light position? (No problem! Defer if with MX over the phone and lets go!). Is it already MELed? (No problem, lets go!).

See my point?

Personally, I say find some speed tape, duct tape your maglight to the wing and get the heck outta there!