View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 02:16 PM
Soyathink
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by Shaggy1970 View Post
1- I rather pay my dues and have some credibility when I give a line check to someone.
2- Are you kidding? When you are home, your in the office 12 hours a day doing nothing more than busy work.
3- I do that anyway
4- I am happy with what I make.
5- I do that already (a wise Capt once told me Best job I would ever have, worst people to work for) Completely True
6- I don't do your bidding, you fly the trips I choose not to fly. I like having a schedule two months out than I can count on unlike you that gets a called half hour before show after you have been in the office all day and told to Fly to HKG or your fired!

I have a piece of advice for you, Sign your union card and turn it in if you haven't done it already and urge the rest of your buddies to do the same. If you want my prediction you guys will either be absorbed by us or you will be fired by UPS. When the NMB see's your play book and how all you do is our jobs I am sure they will make you part of the IPA. UPS answer is going if we can't control these guys then why have them around? We could pay a brand new hire 33 dollars an hour to do his job and it will take him 10 years make what these FQS are making from day one, for the same job.
Middle managers at UPS are the turd in a turd sandwich. You think pilots are the ones who get all the flak. Be a low level manager, you get it from the higher ups and the lower downs. If you can keep quiet, do as your told, and do the Rah Rah for some time until you get into a position to make a difference then don't do it. I'm not that kind of person as most here can already tell. I call it as I see it.