View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Lambourne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: B777 Capt
Default Flight time NPRM and UA/CO

Did anyone else read the NPRM and delve into the tables? If I read it correctly the bunkie would be lost on almost all euro flying to and from IAD. Hope I am wrongly interpretating the charts.

If this is true I hope our JCBA can work to protect the benefits of augmented flying. The safety of the third pilot is key in foreign operations and the early body clock departures from europe are fatiguing.

What is a major concern is if we were to have a JCBA that sold the relief pilots for higher pay rates. The thought occurred to me that the over sixty guys will be seeking to get more at our expense again. This change to no bunkies could cause a serious ripple effect downward in the seniority list, with a resulting furlough.

The sad part of the downward spiral this job has endured (age 65 and now the NPRM) has come from the agency and union proscribed to protect us. Would hope that Judas Prater can stop stuffing his gullet long enough to take a stand for the benefit of the majority of the pilots for once in his tenure.

Prater has at least kept his word about "taking it back". We have been taking it IN the back ever since that slob took office.