View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 02:58 PM
minimwage4
2 days off

Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: Embraer Systems Analyst

Originally Posted by BZNpilot248 View Post
That seems rediculous to me. So if I had some hard lessons learned while taking CFI rides 7 years ago that makes me a bad pilot but 2500 hours of multi 135 time (3 years worth) of frieght flying (on top of 3 years teaching) with checkrides every 6 months and no problems still makes me a bad pilot? or worse? They need to look at the big picture a little bit more - if they want fewer accidents they need to hire professionals that have meaningful expirience, not a 500 hour CFI who's done nothing but teach landings and 8's on pylons that was gods gift to aviation and managed to pass all his checkrides, but that doesn't mean he has the expirience or attitude necessary - it just means he did good on test day. What matters is how they fly and what kind of safety attitude they have when no one is looking, or when an examiner isn't in the other seat.

I guess since they don't want people with too much expirence they want a yes man who is easily intimidated and gets uncomfortable hand flying to less than 1 mile vis and 800 foot ceilings.

If you come from a background with real day to day expirience (such as 135 frieght in a northern climate) I guess either you know what you're doing or you're a cowboy and they don't want anything to do with you.
Eagle is not necessarily looking for the most experienced people. They just need pilots that are willing to stay at Eagle/AMR for the long term.