View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 06:00 PM
higney85
Property of Scheduling

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Bus driver

Originally Posted by djrogs03 View Post
Q400 rates at Mesaba are the same as the CRJ 200 rates at Mesaba...FO's are still blended

As bored said above, alot of guys come on here and say everyone has to vote after the MEC's vote to approve this (if they do), and thats my worry of being sold out, I'll say it once, and I'll say it again, it's never good to go into a consolidation of labor groups having the best contract, because gains will be minimal...I'de like every person at 9E and 9L to read the XJ contract, as I'm sure some of you have, so you know what you are getting yourself into and consider that as a starting point for negotiations, not an ending...I have been hearing form the MEC leadership that not having XJ integrated is/will cost(ing) 9E management almost 1 million a month in excess cost and if no contract is negotiated and things remain seperate it will continue that way for a very long time. WE NEED TO GET THIS RIGHT...

No you didn't sell out on TA1 but I'm curious how close TA1 was to the current XJ contract? That's a question I've been asking since July 1 and no one seems to have an answer...
First off, the current XJ contract would NOT pass the 9E MEC. Not even with 1 vote. We do have TA2 sections that are good, XJ also has some good sections. The 9E group has shown it will throw trash back to the can. The point that I would like to make is simple- We have 3 groups creating 1 contract. The idea of "mesaba this" and "pinnacle that" is not even worth your breath because it's not even in play by those making decisions. We are all (all 3) working together for something that covers every pilot regardless of what uniform they currently wear. Is it easy? Heck NO! Can it be done? HECK YES! Every pilot under pinnacle CORP needs to understand that the more united we stand the more we can achieve. Period.