Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 07:21 PM   #1  
marlonmoneda1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Exclamation The New Pinnacle...

Here is the end-all-be-all for Colgan/Mesaba/Pinnacle Forums. Please give your thoughts on negotiations, merger, certificate combination, fleet integration, future expansion, and hand-ankle grabbing...
 
Old 09-17-2010, 07:24 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CRJ
Posts: 2,351
Default

The latest email seems to have a very aggresive time table. ta reached by nov 15, voting 1 month later, put into effect jan 1.
Airsupport is offline  
Old 09-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
PinnacleFO's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: CRJ Captain
Posts: 1,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlonmoneda1 View Post
Here is the end-all-be-all for Colgan/Mesaba/Pinnacle Forums. Please give your thoughts on negotiations, merger, certificate combination, fleet integration, future expansion, and hand-ankle grabbing...
It has the potential to be very good or bad. A lot hinges on these contract talks. I have already flown with 2 mesaba guys so far and enjoyed both trips. I applaud the aggressive timeline from the union negotiating these simple parts are easy when they get to the pay work rules and scope sections we will really see how this will all turn out
PinnacleFO is offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 06:03 AM   #4  
marlonmoneda1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Most pinnacle guys seem to be completely jaded when it comes to getting anything good from their management...mesaba guys seem to be a bit more optimistic about having negotiating capital in the fact that management can't really start consolidating management, ridding themselves of property and extra maintenance facilities, and General ops people until we have a contract and SLI...I hope that the money they could save starting sooner than later would be motivation for them to give us a little more pie....
 
Old 09-18-2010, 07:15 AM   #5  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Posts: 51
Default

Did anybody else read the latest e-mail, that said they were going for an industry leading contract? Now does that mean what we think it means or is it another one of those infamous interpretations.
BornToFly is offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 07:24 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
evilboy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: "if it's got wings, I can crash it".
Posts: 886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFly View Post
Did anybody else read the latest e-mail, that said they were going for an industry leading contract? Now does that mean what we think it means or is it another one of those infamous interpretations.

My question on "industry leading contracts" will always be, "leading" in which direction, up or down?.
evilboy is offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 08:28 AM   #7  
Gets Off to Weekends
 
Jamers's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: A320 FO
Posts: 648
Default

I predict Colgan will vote yes on any piece of toilet paper that comes out. Anything is an improvement for us, and far superior to what our first contract would be pre-merger. The good news is we are a relatively small group and will be subject to the consensus of Pinnacle and Mesaba.
Jamers is offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 08:45 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Laxrox43's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: E190 FO
Posts: 1,093
Default

Personally, I'm trying to remain positive and keep a "Glass Half Full" attitude. When the time comes, PLEASE remember to vote!

Stay Unified Ladies and Gents,
One Contract, One List, One Voice…
Laxrox43 is offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamers View Post
I predict Colgan will vote yes on any piece of toilet paper that comes out. Anything is an improvement for us, and far superior to what our first contract would be pre-merger. The good news is we are a relatively small group and will be subject to the consensus of Pinnacle and Mesaba.
I couldn't disagree more. The above statement is embarassing and shouldn't be the belief of anyone involved in the negotiations. This may be the feeling of the aviation inexperienced and the industry naive in which Colgan employs many.

However, now is the perfect chance to improve all three groups qol and to settle isn't an option. The "something, just for the sake of anything" attitude plays into managements style of thinking and will bring a dangerous result. We've been beat down for so long, and have continually accepted far below industry satandard- now is our time. Get upset and expect the best. You're given a golden opportunity and you choose toilet paper? Typical Colgan pilot attitude...

While I don't respect or defend Colgan management, this attitude is the reason we remain at the bottom.

Last edited by whtever; 09-18-2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
whtever is offline  
Old 09-18-2010, 11:11 AM   #10  
Gets Off to Weekends
 
Jamers's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: A320 FO
Posts: 648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtever View Post
I couldn't disagree more. The above statement is embarassing and shouldn't be the belief of anyone involved in the negotiations. This may be the feeling of the aviation inexperienced and the industry naive in which Colgan employs many.

However, now is the perfect chance to improve all three groups qol and to settle isn't an option. The "something, just for the sake of anything" attitude plays into managements style of thinking and will bring a dangerous result. We've been beat down for so long, and have continually accepted far below industry satandard- now is our time. Get upset and expect the best. You're given a golden opportunity and you accept toilet paper? Typical Colgan pilot attitude...

While I don't respect or defend Colgan management, this attitude is the reason we remain at the bottom.
Good, get mad. We can use this kind of passion. And be sure to participate in spreading the word; we will not settle for a hasty attempt at a contract that leaves us wanting.
Jamers is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"The Pinnacle pilots want your flying" usmc-sgt Regional 44 03-11-2012 02:04 PM
Pinnacle bought Mesaba vtx531 Regional 78 07-01-2010 05:36 PM
Things be changin at Pinchaknickle Windsor Regional 108 02-04-2009 07:11 AM
Pinnacle Contract Terminated by Delta in ATL mike51135 Regional 139 06-12-2008 06:09 PM
Pinnacle NWA contract at risk stbloc Regional 13 05-01-2008 04:47 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:18 AM.